THE COUPLE BELOW ARE STRUGGLING WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS YOU ARE ASKING YOURSELF – LOOK FAMILIAR?
This is the most important question you can ask yourself when you are trying to help a loved one get help for their Addiction. Usually this means getting them to accept going to Rehab (Treatment Program) and being ok with going to Rehab. Here are some tips that you SHOULD follow to make sure you are getting the best service and that your loved one and family are in good hands.
- Is it a local Bay Area Intervention and Addiction Services Company
- Are they an out of Bay Area company with no idea of local services and want you to send your loved one out of town to an expensive Rehab and have you pay them to fly in, pay for hotel and a rental car.
- If your loved one says no – are they going to leave you and get on a plane and leave the next day.
- Are they over charging you and offering you less than 90 days of Intervention Service. You may get a no first and have to use Bottom Lines to help your loved one accept Rehab. No intervention should be more than $3500.
- Have they been in business more than 10 years. Have they performed hundreds of Interventions and have the experience to know what to do in every situation
- Does their Founder have Rehab experience, besides just being sober and do they have more than 10 years in the Treatment Industry and their own Sobriety
- Does the Interventionist have Direct Patient Care in a Rehab setting and Addiction Group Settings.
- Are they familiar enough with each drug and the appropriate detox protocol so your loved one is safe.
- Are they knowledgeable about The Disease of Addiction and able to explain it. Can they recognize other Mental Health Issues.
- DO they have a special relationship with a particular Treatment Program and only offer that.
- Are they a California Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor and a Nationally Board Registered Interventionist.
- Do they carry Professional Liability Insurance.
- Don’t be fooled by and Intervention Company that says they do detox – usually they are extremely dangerous and done in hotel rooms
- Don’t be fooled by a Intervention Company that says they are in your area, but are in another State and use an 800 number with no local address
You need to ask all of these questions and trust your gut when you get your answers. You may have only one chance and you want to be successful. Unfortunately people die from addiction and you want to know you have put the best plan with the best company forward – this is usually a family member or dear friend that you are trying to help