CASH FOR YOUR PRESCRIPTION?
This might sound like an article against Craigs List, but that would be missing the point – If your High School or College aged Child is prescribed Pain, Anxiety or ADHD Prescription Drugs – you might just want to make sure they are not ending up on Craigs List so you Child can buy harder Street Drugs.
This blog post is meant to provide those Parent’s out there whose Child fits into the 10% of our Population who suffer from the Disease of Addiction and are prescribed a Mood Altering drug by their Dr another tool to make sure they are safe. Many times if the Child is an adult they are smart enough to not sign Consents Between their Dr and their Parents – making it impossible for their parent to get from the Dr any information. All across The Bay Area in every area from Sacramento to Monterrey and over to Stockton, Orinda, Lafayette and across the Richmond Bridge into Napa, Marin and Sonoma Counties one can find these prescriptions showing up on Craigs list.
Parents you now have been warned!!
These Pills fetch a hefty sum from $6 for a 2mg Xanax up to $20 for a 30mg Oxycodone and higher. You can imagine how much money a person could make on their prescription and then go out and buy stronger and even more dangerous street drugs like Heroin, which has been on the rise ever since Oxycontin’s formula changed, and Methamphetamine. You might thing why would my kid trade their ADHD pills for street Methamphetamine, well with 90% pure Methamphetamine showing up on the streets from Super Labs south of the Border, the street version is much more powerful as the Milligrams you can get are more than your pills. And there are plenty of speed addicted housewives out there willing to purchase your Child’s ADHD pills, fooling themselves that Adderall is ok because it is a prescription and man can they get their days work done, the kids where they need to be and stay thin for their Husbands with a few a day.
So everyday people search Craigs list under Anxiety, Pain, ADHD help etc.. and text each other on their cell phones – somehow this makes each person feel the other isn’t a member of the local Police Force. They arrange meetings and drive across our Bridges from San Francisco to Novato or Palo Alto to Walnut Creek and meet in Target parking lots exchanging their cash for you Child’s Prescription Pills. Your Child then calls up their dealer and tomorrow the same thing happens – day in and day out.
So what are you to do – it is actually quite simple:
- Count your Child’s prescriptions every once and a while to make sure the right amount is in the bottle.
- Notice if you Kid says they are just running up to the store real quickly too many times.
- Go on Craigs List and search terms like Pain, Anxiety, ADHD, Need help and search your City and Area and see if your Kid’s Cell Phone number is in any of the posts offering these pills for sale.
- If you do then it is time to call a Professional and get some advice – because at this stage your Child is past a simple talk and in need of real help. They have crossed some serious boundaries and only an Addict would do this.
- It might be time to talk about doing an Intervention to get them the help they need or looking into an Addiction Care Management Service if they have been to Rehab already once or more times. These Services can provide some Real help without the need for Rehab again – though Detox may be needed. The bad news is you are here again, the good news is a reputable local company like 1st Step Interventions will be Ethical and discuss only what is needed and give you an appropriate Assessment.
- You can get a free Assessment from 1st Step Interventions by calling 707-559-5146 or emailing email@example.com